IHS is pleased to announce that it will host the 2013 IHS McCloskey Coal Conference of the Americas on 13-14 March in Cartagena, one of Colombia’s most historic and beautiful cities.
Celebrating its landmark 20th anniversary, this conference will again bring together the most experienced decision-makers in the coal industry. Delegates from across the industry and around the world will have the chance to meet leading Colombian producers and exporters and hear them speak about their views on the market and prospects for growth.
The conference program will also address:
- Ongoing developments in new mines, ports, and infrastructure
- The financial crisis: how it has affected coal demand and prices, and what is expected for 2013 and beyond
- The status of coal export infrastructure in Colombia
- The prospects for US coal exports: whether they will continue to grow
- Development of US coal ports for exports
- The competitive landscape between gas, petcoke, and coal in the US
- Expectations about future coal demand presented by buyers from some of the largest coal-consuming countries in Europe and the Americas
- Steam coal: expected worldwide demand in the coming years
- Metallurgical coal: status of the market today and its future prospects
- Updates on the Panama Canal expansion
Register today and join us on 13-14 March 2013 for this important industry event.